Any project is different; therefore, the project management processes have to be different for each project. You will need to tailor each project management process to the project at hand. As on a PRINCE2 Certification edinburgh course.
There are two important categories of effective project personnel:
– Project managers:
The project managers are the ones who must deal with different contradicting aspects of value from different stakeholders within the company.
They are tasked to distinguish the advantages and disadvantages that exist in the boundaries of different stakeholders’ opinions. This may involve complex and technical jargon, complex and technical applications, as well as means of altering these opinions.
– Project Personnel:
They are the ones who actually carry out the project work. Project personnel are charged with ensuring reliable delivery and in so doing, achieving the end goal.
Project personnel need to deal with different activities from the planning of the project in terms of its scope, budget, quality, timeline, risk management, as well as quality assurance. To ensure that all institutions demonstrate reliability and for the specific organization to effectively plan the implementation of the project, they need to follow the methodology of project management.
Project management is a comprehensive method that ensures and guides you to realize the purpose of the project at the right time and in the right manner. You and your project personnel will engage in short-term planning as well as long-term planning. You will formulate processes that guide the Ian to maintain 5 basic steps for project management
1. The beginning: Project planning starts when you assign the project a name, sign off on its charter and sign a contract with the client as to the nature of the project. The project charter is a document that outlines the details about the project, the end goals, milestones, schedule, milestones, mode of control, review criteria, as per hierarchy, and quality about the project.
2. Preparation: Preparation must be undertaken at the time when you have decided on the project name and associated frustrations. Project status reports, budget, quality requirements, and risk assessment provide good basis for the execution of the project. Moreover, periodic reviews by the client will help to meet project deadlines.
3. Project implementation: Project implementation is the most crucial phase of the project. Here you will implement the actual project plans. Within this phase you will discuss the timeline, provides quality assurance with methods, you will communicate with stakeholders, obtain approvals, and you will budget and quality control to meet customer satisfaction.
4. Hiring: Project personnel will be recruited once the project is executed. Hiring assists to client relationship management.
5. Project Closing: At the end of the project, project will be terminated and the client will be notified. All outstanding issues will result into closure of a project at a faster rate.
Project management is a very broad concept and each project has has its unique characteristics. It is imperative for the project manager to successfully manage a project, as clients will trust in their abilities only if the project is delivered on time and within budget and they will be back for more projects in the future, as the need for the project increases.
Effective project managers are those people who not only lead a project team, they must learn to lead the team to achieve high levels of expectations for the project. These project managers should learn to measure progress being monitored and communicated to the team.
Therefore, project management has to be learned on the job and there are books and resources available for the project manager who has to learn the art of good project management.