If Comcast XFINITY is your only cable Internet provider, you are in good hands. With Comcast XFINITY, you do not have to worry since it is one of the top Internet service providers in the nation of the United States. XFINITY has come out on top as one of the most dependable Internet service providers in relation. This means that you will get the speed you paid for.
There are many advantages to opting for Xfinity Internet. Some of them are
- An Internet service provider that is extremely dependable
- XFINITY is available in a wide area. Therefore, if people have to move, they do not worry about changing their cable Internet service provider.
- XFINITY provides numerous options for customers to bundle up the services and save up on the cost.
Disadvantages of opting for XFINITY Internet
- The customer service is seriously lacking
- A one-year contract is necessary for customers to enroll in
Data plans, speed, and fiber
The first and only fiber service of XFINITY, the gigabit Pro has been released in the market. This limitless ultrafast Internet option can provide download speeds of up to 2Gbps. This is 40 times faster than the typical connection you receive at home. Therefore, if the fiber plan of XFINITY is stable and active at your location, go for it. This is crucial if you are working from home or is a content creator. You will have to download and upload large amounts of data. Thus, the fiber plan is the best plan for you.
Unfortunately, the fiber plan is still at the early stages. It is also only being offered at very few places. Another problem with the fiber plan is that it is pretty expensive. If you go for the fiber plan of Xfinity, you will have to pay $300 monthly to avail of the fiber services. Along with this, you have to pay $500 for the installation services and $500 as activation charges.
The high price of the fiber plan makes it practically unaffordable for people belonging to average homes due to its high monthly and upfront prices and the numerous system requirements. If you want a fiber connection, it is better to look at the other Internet service providers for the same.
Data, speed, and plan of cable Internet
Xfinity provides a variety of cable Internet connections with speeds that range from 25 to 1000 Mbps. Currently, Xfinity is leading the race with some of the industry’s fastest and most consistent speeds. However, the performance of XFINITY varies from one region to the other. Due to the track record of XFINITY, there is a more than likely chance that you will avail of the download speed that you have paid for. In 2018, a speed test named XFINITY was the fastest Internet service provider. This proves their reliability.
XFINITY does impose a data cap on Internet usage. However, most users need not worry about exceeding the Internet connection limit. In most locations, XFINITY has limited the data users to a range of one TB per month. Within one TB, two people can easily play online games 24 hours a day for 30 days and still have data left to view all episodes of their favorite TV show. Therefore, customers need not worry about the one TB data that XFINITY has imposed. However, if you are someone who is a content creator or is working from home, you may require more than one TB of data in a month. For people like you, XFINITY has an additional $50 per month unlimited data option. If you require more than one TB of data, upgrade to this plan. However, before you upgrade or decide whether you want this plan or not, you can keep track of your regular data usage by logging into the account of XFINITY.
Which XFINITY plan fits which type of household?
- The performance plan of action is recommended for a single-user household with up to five devices.
- The select performance plan of XFINITY is recommended for households with users and up to eight devices.
- The performance Pro plan of XFINITY is recommended for households with three users and up to 10 devices.
- The blast Pro plan of XFINITY is recommended for households with 12 devices.
- The extreme Pro plan is recommended for households with five users and 15 devices.
- The gigabit plan of XFINITY is recommended for households with over five users and 20 devices.
- The gigabit Pro plan is recommended for households with ten or more people and 30 devices amongst them.
As per the data released from the FCC, XFINITY provides exceptional performance. Around 80% of the customers received the advertised speeds almost all the time. XFINITY has also outperformed the satellite and DSL options.